One of the best ways for association members to realize a significant return on membership investment is by serving on one of our committees. You’ll meet new people, make new friends, and develop valuable new business relationships. Many of our volunteer-driven committees are open to members with time to give and a passion for serving. From membership to education and community service to communications, we have a wide variety of service opportunities waiting for you.
All you need to do to get involved is scroll down to the bottom of this page, check the available committee that interests you most, and click submit. Your selection goes directly to the staff director responsible for each committee…and that’s when it’s our job to reach out to you. We begin forming our committees from scratch every January, so roll up your sleeves and sign-up—we look forward to working with you!
2021 AATC Committees
The following are committees OPEN for members to serve if interested:
Community Service (Toy Drive & Bowling Tournament)
Committee Chair – Bob Duff, Valet Living; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- The association is deeply committed to giving back to the communities where we do business. Our community service focus includes the US Marine Corps Annual Toys for Tots campaign as well as AATC’s primary community service partner–Union Gospel Mission of Fort Worth.
Committee Chair – Sarah Turner, Olympus; Gregory Ann Goldrick, Staff Director
- AATC’s education programs are designed to teach as well as inspire. From professional credentials to quick take-aways, we’re always working to push our members to be the best of the best in the multihousing business.
Committee Chair – Wesley Chapman, Lowe’s Pro-MSH; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Plan, coordinate, and market AATC’s newest event. Coming Fall 2021!
Golf (Spring and Fall Golf Tournaments)
Committee Chair – Kyle Gambrell, Camp Construction; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Get ready to plan, market, manage, and host 2 of the association’s most popular events – Our spring and fall golf tournaments! These are fun events where supplier partners and owner members get to network.
Committee Chair – John Gillespie, WAK Management; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
- Representing our member’s advocacy interests when it comes to the public side of the multi-housing business is one of the most important things we do. AATC remains constantly on guard, working with leaders at the municipal, county, state, and national levels to ensure a responsible regulatory environment.
Independent Rental Owners
Committee Chair – Bryan Downer, Community Enrichment Center; Perry Pillow, Staff Director
- AATC’s IROs are an important group of smaller-volume hands-on property owners with unique management needs and interests. If you’re an IRO, you’re already on our committee.
2021 Lone Star Awards
Committee Chair – Nicole McQuarry, American Landmark; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Recognizing achievement is the cornerstone of what we do. AATCs prestigious Lone Star Awards is the most recognized multihousing prize in the Metroplex. Join us to plan, market, manage, and host the best-of-the-best in the business.
Committee Chair – Adam Keck, HD Supply; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Maintenance Mania is our wonderful “Maintenance Olympics.” It’s that one day of the year when maintenance pros can step away from their daily routines and spend an evening with their peers and to also determine whose skills are the quickest.
Committee Chair – Natalie Duke, Reliant; Ed Blinn, Staff Director
- Advise the association’s leadership team with helpful marketing recommendations; most especially focused on the AATC’s Website, Social Media Initiatives, our online Membership Directory, and Dimensions Online.
Committee Chairs – Charles Stroud, ATI Restoration; Sheila Wiggin, Jessica Jackson & Donna Merrill, Staff Directors
- We’re constantly on the prowl looking for multihousing owners, managers, and service providers who can benefit from association membership.
Committee Chair – Jeff Duerstock, Zumper; Annie Williams, Staff Director
- Bridging the gap between all apartment industry professionals, while mentoring our next generation of leaders.
Products & Services Council
Council Chair – Becca Brown, Lowe’s Pro-MSH; Ed Blinn, Staff Director
- Our amazing vendor partners provide dimension to association membership. It’s our PSC that works hard every day to make property management the best it can be. If you’re a vendor, you’re already a member of our PSC.
2021 Trade Show
Committee Chair – Amy Alvarez, MFI; Ed Blinn, Staff Director
- A showplace for what property management needs is the best description for AATC’s November trade show. Help us plan, market, manage, and host one of the largest multihousing markets in the business.