This brand-new CAPS course will help you rise to the next level in property management. It will prepare you to be an effective portfolio supervisor which may lead to increased earning potential.
You’ll learn about
- Achieving ethical excellence
- Understanding the management agreement and creating an owner’s report
- Stakeholder relations with residents, communities, and municipalities
- Mortgage financing
- Overseeing the budget process across a portfolio
- Measuring portfolio performance and property valuation
- Investigating and troubleshooting and underperforming property
- Property acquisition and due diligence
- Market Analysis and property inspections
- Operational and financial analysis inspections
- Property development feasibility analysis
- Investment strategies, including renovation, disposition, and refinancing
- Key content for the owner/company due to diligence report
- Talent development and management throughout the employee cycle
- Managing staff during property sales or purchase
- Contemporary issues, including occupancy, emotional support animals, hoarding, criminal background checks, RUBS, cybersecurity, and music licensing.
WE RECOMMEND THIS COURSE for multi-site supervisors with 24 months of multi-site supervision experience.
- Members: $1,450
- STAR Subscriber: $1,300
- Non-Member: $1,550
**Payment must be received no later than September 1st to participate**
- September 9 Client Services and Stakeholder Relations, Investment Management
- September 14 Improving Asset Performance and Asset Evaluation
- September 16 Talent Management and Contemporary Issues in Multifamily Housing
All Sessions will start at 9:30 am and end at 1:30 pm
Program Requirements: CAPS Candidates must complete the following requirements to obtain the CAPS Designation:
- 24 months as Multi-site Supervisor OR CAM +24 Months as Apartment Manager
- Have successfully completed CAPS coursework, and
- Meet all examination requirements within 6 months of enrolling in the program.
About the Instructor
Susan Weston, CAM, CAPS, Senior Faculty NAAEI, Owner, The Susan Weston Company
Susan has operated The Susan Weston Company since 2010 and consults and trains in the multifamily industry. Her industry career spans over 30 years in executive capacities in Operations, Human Resources, and Learning and Development at both publicly traded and private companies. She is a Certified Apartment Manager, a Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor, a Subject Matter Expert for the National Apartment Association Education Institute credential programs, a member of NAAEI Senior Faculty, and a licensed Texas Real Estate Broker. Since 2012, Susan has taught residential property management programs in the School of Business at the University of North Texas. In April of 2016, she was invited to serve on the National Council for the School of Business at Valparaiso University.
For more information, contact Gregory Ann Goldrick, AATC’s Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org