This year, AATC Education is going to be different than in years’ past. If 2020 taught us anything is that we’ve got to be flexible with our programs and offer them in different ways.
First, we may thank our 2021 Education Sponsors, without them, we wouldn’t be able to provide such stellar programs.
- MFI is our Education Programs Sponsor
- ALN is our NAAEI Credential Programs Sponsor
Most of our programs at the association will be delivered either virtually or in a hybrid format, meaning we will have students in the training center and students attending virtually—at the same time! We’ve found by offering this allows for anyone to participate from anywhere!
Our maintenance instructors this year are top-notch! We are excited to announce Jimmy McClung of LumaCorp, and Erick Quintana will lead a few of our programs this year. We’ve partnered with LOWE’S University to deliver virtual maintenance seminars as well. The education committee has designed a new Maintenance Certification Program/MCP for our service teams, which can be attained by attending specific programs throughout the year. These courses will include basic appliance troubleshooting, plumbing, HVAC programs, work order management, communication, and painting 101. When complete, students will earn the AATC Maintenance Certification.
Here’s a sampling of what we’ll be delivering in 2021:
- 22 education programs focusing on Maintenance, Sales, Marketing, HR, Leadership, Motivation
- 5 basic pool operator classes in English and Spanish
- EPA 608 Certification
- 3 Fair Housing courses: Introduction, Advanced, and Service Teams
- 3 FOUNDATIONS Courses (new to AATC this year): Sales, Management, and Leadership
- 12 Legal Webinars presented by our Member Attorneys
- Credentials Programs: CAMT, CAM/CAS, CALP, and CAPS.
To see our entire line-up for courses, visit our website at https://www.aatcnet.org/events/education
This year we are excited to announce we’ve secured 4 AMAZING Instructors to lead our CAMT, CAM/CAS, CALP, and CAPS Credential Programs.
- Let’s start with Jackie Ramstedt. Some of you may remember her as our Keynote Speaker at the annual education conference for at least 3 to 4 years. Jackie is one of the CAM/Certified Apartment Management Credential contributors and teaches this program across the country.
- Julio Herrera will lead our CAMT program, and we are incredibly excited as he is part of NAAEI National Instructors for this credential. He comes to us as a tenured instructor in all things maintenance-related.
- Lissi Daniels is one of AATC’s annual presenters. We are elated she will join us again this year, heading up the newly revised Certified Apartment Leasing Professional credentials.
- Rounding our credential instructors is Sue Weston, who will deliver the CAPS program this year. Sue is one of our industry’s most prized instructors and mentors. She is a subject matter expert for both the CAM and CAPS curriculum and serves as Senior Faculty for the NAA Education Institute.
This year we’ve built World-Class Training with you in mind. There are multitudes of programs to choose from all to fit your professional goals.
We look forward to seeing you in class!
Sarah Turner, Olympus Property Management, is AATC’s Education Committee Chair. For more information, contact Gregory Ann Goldrick at email@example.com