AATC has recently tackled one of its most important roles by carefully considering and recommending within this article its newest leadership team. It was my privilege to chair this year’s Nominating Committee discussion just last month – a task-focused solely on selecting the Association’s 2021 officers and directors.
As a reminder, we’re in the process of making several significant organizational changes, including onboarding new management and accounting software, including a new website which goes live this month; merging our for-profit company (API) into our non-profit company (AATC) in 2021; moving our fiscal (tax) year-end from Sep 30 to Dec 31, and moving our leadership/program year start from Oct to Jan. This means our current group of leaders (officers, director and committee chairs) will have served for 15-months by the end of Dec. Realizing that was a significant ask – on behalf of our President Candy Maxey, thank you all so very much!
Also, I must thank my nominating committee for their commitment and dedication. It takes a village to run the Association. Thanks so much to Nicolle Block, Jason Busboom, Cayce Coon, Jeff Duerstock, Candy Maxey, Michael Payne, Charles Stroud, and Patty Utley, as well as our CEO John Mitchell for helping guide us through this process.
The Association’s bylaws require me to submit our recommendations to every member – so that’s what we’re doing right now. Our process allows you a chance to respond with additional recommendations if you desire. If and when you do, we’ll ask everyone to vote for the final slate of officers and directors they’d prefer. If you’d like to submit an additional nomination, please reach out to me or AATC’s CEO, John Mitchell, and we’d be happy to assist you. If no additional nominations are submitted by Nov 20, the slate we’re recommending today will be declared “elected as submitted.”
Our recommendations to you for AATCs 2021 officers include:
- President – Jason Busboom (Busboom Group);
- President-elect – Michael Payne (Allmark);
- Treasurer – Patty Utley (BH); and our newest officer, AATC’s 2021
- Secretary – Cayce Coon (Madera). Also, AATCs Exec Officers selected our newest
- Vice-president – Jeff Duerstock (Zumper); and we’re happy to see our
- Immediate Past-president – Candy Maxey (Greystar) will continue to serve, as well as
- Past-president – Nicolle Block (Amalgamated).
Our eight director recommendations include Owner-Managers (OMs):
- Nicole McQuarry (American Landmark);
- Sarah Turner (Olympus);
- Emily Watson (Landtower Luxury Living); and
- Nicole Zaitoon (Allied); as well as Supplier-Partners (SPs):
- Brenda Carpenter (MFI);
- Bob Duff (Valet Living);
- Chris Lee (Earthworks); and
- Charles Stroud (ATI).
Since we elected half of our voting directors every year for 2-year terms of office, we have another group of eight dedicated directors who’ll continue to serve in 2021. Our O/M group includes:
- April Royal (Capstone);
- Anita Hord (Pace);
- Mary Margaret Lemons (Fort Worth Housing Solutions);
- John Gillespie (WAK); as well as SPs:
- Lani Grant (Impact Floors);
- Keith McAndrew (Liberty Group);
- Mike Follis (Apartments.com); and
- Tony Sims (Century AC). And, serving as our 2021
- PSC chair – Becca Brown (MSHQ) will play an essential role as a voting director as well.
AATC has been blessed with a 63-year tradition of exceptional leaders serving the needs of 1,800 members who own, manage, and or provide products and services to clients who live in more than 210,000 apartment homes across our 9-county region in north-central Texas. It’s an honor and privilege to serve you.
Sherry Jordan is the Vice-president of Operations for LumaCorp, served as AATCs President in 2017-2018, and recently served as AATCs 2019-2020 Nominating Committee chair. For Questions regarding additional nominations, reach out to Sherry at email@example.com or John Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.